[sane-devel] Epson 3490 and Slide/Negative scaning.

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Wed Apr 26 07:49:37 UTC 2006

Radek Rurarz <photopiper at interia.pl> writes:

> Epson 3490 is inexpensive scaner and is listed on the sane page as
> beeing supported (as "good").
> The question is.. does sane supporr olso slide/negative scaning,

It does.

> and
> how good this scaner behaves under Linux...
> Does anybody on the list had any experience with this scaner and
> transparencie scaning?

It's low end obviously but it works. I'm working on getting raw data
(without calibration, 16-bit samples) from it but don't have too much
time currently (it requires some further "investigation").

There is potentially an issue with black level calibration. I have
a patch but I'd have to check if I got that right. Let me know if you
have such problems.
--
Krzysztof Halasa