[sane-devel] hp scanjet 6200c flakeyness

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Wed Aug 2 02:18:50 UTC 2006

I just recieved a hand-me-down hp scanjet 6200c. The problem I am having
is that I can scan about 10 images or so and then the scanner needs to
be unpluged from usb and pluged back in. The scanner just stops working
after about 10 scans or so. I reset the power on the
scanner also when doing this. The errors I get from xsane are these:

Error during read: Error during device I/O
Failed to open `(null)': Bad address
Failed to start scanner: End of file reached

I am using sane-backends 1.0.18-r2
xsane 0.991
libusb 0.1.12
kernel 2.6.16-gentoo-r9
cpu amd64 (x86_64)
distro Gentoo
usb bus uhci_hcd

The command line tool scanimage gives me all the same issues that xsane
does.

Let me know what I should do to debug this issue. I know c but have not
dived into the code yet. Any debugging docs for sane backends. Is this a
libusb issue? I guess I need to know where to point the finger.

Jeremiah