[sane-devel] XSane Error: "Failed to create file: Permission denied."

Alexander Grundner alexsfbay at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 06:12:01 UTC 2006

I'm not sure what's going on. My scanner (Epson 1240U) is detected and I'm able to use it as a <scanner> group member, but every time I try to quit, either under my username or root, I get the following error pop-up: "Failed to create file: Permission denied." -- which requires me to hit "Close" three times before XSane (ver. 0.991 on Debian Etch) finally closes. Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

One other thing... I have xsane-common installed, but when I try to use the help docs it tells me that they can't be found -- i.e. file:///usr/share/doc/xsane-common/html/sane-002-doc.html (MISSING). I went ahead and looked for the xsane-common directory in /usr/share/ and sure enough there isn't one (???).

Thanks in advance!

-Alexander