[sane-devel] [TRANSLATION] French translation update

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Thu Aug 31 20:53:17 UTC 2006

Stephane,
All,

On Thursday 31 August 2006 081, Stéphane VOLTZ wrote:
> Le mercredi 30 août 2006 21:06, Yann E. MORIN a écrit :
> > Please review & comment.
> I've noticed a few typos in the messages (along with a few comments):
> 	-   20: plutot => plutôt
[--SNIP--]

Applied all, thanks!

>         - 610: abhérantes => aberrantes , BTW I think the translation for
> fuzzy should be "flou" or "approximatif".

What I understand of the context, is that those values do not make sense,
because SANE was not initialised with a previous call to sane_start(). Thus
the values returned have no meaning. They are not only fuzzy, but also
absurd.

'Flou' or 'approximatif' are the litteral translations of 'fuzzy', you are
right. But in my opinion, they do not fit.

So I'm keeping 'aberrantes'. Now, if I mis-understood the sentence, please
say so, and we'll find a better translation. :-)

> Also, halftoning is not consistently translated, sometimes it is "demi-ton"
> and others "demi-teinte".

Updated all to "demi-teinte".

Results:
Translated     :  692 (98.6%)
      of which :    0 fuzzy ( 0.0%)
Not translated :   10 ( 1.4%)
Total          :  702

Thanks Stephane!

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

PS. No accents in the mail, I have a qwerty keyboard and I have to cut'n'paste
    accents when I need them!!! :-)))

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| web: ymorin.free.fr | SETI at home 3808 | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |