[sane-devel] Re: Request for logs from linux Epson Perfection 2480/3490 user

Paul Smedley paulat at smedleydot.info
Thu Feb 9 09:29:26 UTC 2006

Hi Frédéric!

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:17:02 UTC, Frédéric POUPON
<frederic.poupon at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le Mardi 7 Février 2006 07:03, Paul Smedley a écrit :
> > Hi All,
> >
> > For whatever reason, uploading of scanner firmware fails on OS/2 for
> > the Epson 2480/3490 scanners.
> >
> > I'm wondering if someone who has one of the above scanners working on
> > *nix could generate a set of debug logs for me - just so I can see if
> > there are any obvious differences on OS/2 compared to *nix.
> >
> > Scanner output with:
> > SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255
> > &
> > SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
> >
> Hi !
>
> Got a 3490 fully working on deb sarge, kernel 2.6.8-2-686 on amd64 with sane
> backend 1.0.16-cvs (downloaded 2005/12).
>
> I Can build you logs if you still need them.
>
> As the logs are heavy (146 MB of logs for a full A4 sheet in 300 dpi), we'll
> have to tune before what you precisely need, and go on working via private
> mail and ftp transfer.

Well a scan of 1cm x 1cm as low res (50 dpi) would be fine.  The part
I'm interested in is the scanner firmware upload anyway.

Sane logs generally compress quite well with zip/tar so size shouldn't
be too much of a problem.

Thanks in advance!

--
Cheers,