[sane-devel] Request for logs from linux Epson Perfection 2480/3490 user

Frédéric POUPON frederic.poupon at laposte.net
Wed Feb 8 11:17:02 UTC 2006

Le Mardi 7 Février 2006 07:03, Paul Smedley a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> For whatever reason, uploading of scanner firmware fails on OS/2 for
> the Epson 2480/3490 scanners.
>
> I'm wondering if someone who has one of the above scanners working on
> *nix could generate a set of debug logs for me - just so I can see if
> there are any obvious differences on OS/2 compared to *nix.
>
> Scanner output with:
> SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255
> &
> SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255

Hi !

Got a 3490 fully working on deb sarge, kernel 2.6.8-2-686 on amd64 with sane
backend 1.0.16-cvs (downloaded 2005/12).

I Can build you logs if you still need them.

As the logs are heavy (146 MB of logs for a full A4 sheet in 300 dpi), we'll
have to tune before what you precisely need, and go on working via private
mail and ftp transfer.

yours,

regards.

Frederic.