[sane-devel] Buttons, SANE2, scanbuttond, and other such rambling

Charles Duffy cduffy at spamcop.net
Fri Feb 17 14:35:31 UTC 2006

m. allan noah wrote:
> there is another option. modify the fujitsu backend to act like avision
> or whatever other backend the button daemon supports. i have not looked
> at that closely enough to say if it is possible. research from you in
> that area would be welcome.

Oh -- great!

I hadn't realized the existance of the button-daemon in experimental
(hence my use of scanbuttond). This is indeed a trivial change (renaming
"startbutton" to "button") to make the fujitsu driver play nice.

It would be nice if we knew how to poll the other buttons ("send to" and
such)... but that's just icing.