[sane-devel] Umax AstraSlim SE doesn't work

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Feb 19 18:00:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-02-17 16:02, Kai Timmer wrote:
> i have a problem with my "Umax AstraSlim SE". The scanner only produces
> output like this: http://arda.kait.de/out.png any ideas?

The artec_eplus48u backend is not maintained for quite some time now
and there hasn't been significant changes to the code during this time.
Have you tried to modify the options in the .conf file? Does it happen
in any mode?

> I did not use the scanner for a long time, but i'am sure that it worked
> with an older version of sane. I cant remember the exact Version but it
> must be around 1.0.xx

Trying to find out which version worked may help to find the problem.
All sane versions are 1.0.xx since 1998 so this doesn't really help :-)