[sane-devel] extracting values from windows USB log to initialize registers for genesys GL646 backend

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Wed Jan 4 06:17:22 UTC 2006

Le Mardi 3 Janvier 2006 11:16, Parag N a écrit :
> Hello,
>          It seems something is going wrong with my modification to
> genesys backend for HP2400 so i decided to ask one simple question
> again to have confirmation of modification of code.
> Does gl646_init_regs_for_warmup and gl646_init_regs_for_scan functions
> must have initial values of sets of register 0x00 to 0x6f from the
> first set of initialized values in windows USB log?
> Regards,
> Parag.

	Hello,

	the functions setting up registers for an action only need to set those who
differ from the current state of the shadow registers, as set by previous
actions of the backend. It's easier that way because this means less code,
and makes the register usage more obvious. The initial full state is loaded
in gl646_init_regs().

Regards,
	Stef