[sane-devel] extracting values from windows USB log to initialize registers for genesys GL646 backend

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 06:21:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

On 1/4/06, Stéphane VOLTZ <stefdev at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> Le Mardi 3 Janvier 2006 11:16, Parag N a écrit:
> > Hello,
> >          It seems something is going wrong with my modification to
> > genesys backend for HP2400 so i decided to ask one simple question
> > again to have confirmation of modification of code.
> > Does gl646_init_regs_for_warmup and gl646_init_regs_for_scan functions
> > must have initial values of sets of register 0x00 to 0x6f from the
> > first set of initialized values in windows USB log?
> > Regards,
> > Parag.
>
>         Hello,
>
>         the functions setting up registers for an action only need to set those who
> differ from the current state of the shadow registers, as set by previous
> actions of the backend. It's easier that way because this means less code,
> and makes the register usage more obvious. The initial full state is loaded
> in gl646_init_regs().
           Please do kindly reply my latest thread on feeling errors
in hard coded values or how they have filled in gl646_init_regs()?
please kindly show me the way as i have logs for Hp2400 and Hp2300
from thread http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-February/010297.html
and hope will receive from you also if you have.
           In an all i only need info now on why initial values for
regs in windows log will not reflects in hardcodeing under
gl646_init_regs()?
Regards,
Parag.