[sane-devel] sane SCSI 32bit emulation on 64bit

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Jan 9 19:37:07 UTC 2006

abel deuring <adeuring at gmx.net> wrote:

> I don't want to open a discussion about licenses, but IMHO Sane's
> exception to the GPL encourages cases like this one. I think it
> would be more reasonable to put sane-backends under the LGPL, which

Good luck in getting every copyright holder (which includes every
patch contributor) to agree to the relicensing :)

> makes the rules for linking proprietary and free code very clear,

Err, no, not really. It quickly becomes quite tricky to use LGPL code
in an application in complete compliance with the license.

> and especially enables end users to fiddle with the free code.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169