[sane-devel] Writing a driver for canoscan 3000

Marbrier Sebastien sebastien.marbrier at laposte.net
Tue Jan 24 23:23:54 UTC 2006

Hello,
	I have an usb canoscan 3000, which is not supported by SANE and Canon is not
willing to release a single piece of information about its specification.
I have some experience in programming microcontrolers in C but in am still a
beginner in system programming, especially under Linux.
I last a lot of time in order to gather information about this scanner and
linux driver programming, I got the "Linux Device Driver" book  but I don't
know how to use it for my case.

I can get some usb frames from the scanner thanks to a software programme
called snif usb.
I have two canonscan 3000 in case it is need I may sacrifice one in order to
have access to it is hardware.

	Can I have some help from experienced people in retroengineering, please ?

Yours,
		Sebastien Marbrier.