[sane-devel] upcoming iscan release

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Thu Jan 26 07:05:50 UTC 2006

russbucket <russbucket at nwi.net> writes:

> On Friday 20 January 2006 10:11, you wrote:
>>snip
>> > Hi Russ,
>> >
>> > Sorry for the late followup.  Release was also delayed :-(
>> >
>> > Anyway, iscan-1.18.0 contains no CX6600 specific fixes.  However,
>> >   usb 0x04b8 0x0813
>> >
>> > to epkowa.conf/epson.conf.
>> >
> Just to update you. I finally installed 1.18 and changed the to .conf files
> mentioned. My scanner now works with Iscan, Xsane and kooka and it now
> identifies it with the correct model munber. Something must have been fixed
> since I was never able to get 1.17 to work but 1.14 worked.
> I'm not sure why this model is not listed in the source code since it is
> listed to use this driver on the epkowa website under all-in-one printers.

It is listed in the sources with product ID 0x0805 which is what we
were told to use by EPSON.  Anyway, the next release will have it
listed as 0x0813 as well ;-)

> Anyway thats for your help again!!

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/