[sane-devel] avision backend support of HP 8250

Hans Brand (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Fri Jan 27 02:49:55 UTC 2006

Antti Andreimann wrote:

> 1. all scanning modes except 16bit ones work (both 16bit modes: color
> and grey crash the scanner).
> 2. DPIs higher than 1200 (this scanner supports up to 4800) fail
> (scanner crashes).
>
> I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to scan something that's not a
> slide or negative with a higher DPI than 1200, I'll double check it
> tommorrow.

Hello

I am very interrested in getting the 8200/8250/8290 to work in DPIs higher than 1200 dpi.
I've narrowed the problem so far that scans seem to work up to 1270 but fail at 1275 and higher.

I managed to get USB snoops from the original HP drivers doing scans at 1270 and 1275 dpi and I am now trying to find the significant differences between these snoops and then I want to compare these with the debug logs from the avision back-end.

However, until now the only documentation I can use are the sane-backend sources. What would help is some documentation about the avision (USB) protocols. Is there any info available?

Regards, Hans