[sane-devel] saned with latest fujutsu backend broken

Jim McQuillan jam at McQuil.com
Thu Jun 1 12:25:05 UTC 2006

I've got a Fujitsu 5120C, and with M. Allan Noah's help and his latest
fujitsu backend from cvs, it's working great, using scanimage to talk
directly to the backend.

But, if I use scanimage to connect to saned, it's not working.  I get an
'Invalid argument'

When running saned with 'SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=128' set, here's a few lines
of output:

    [fujitsu]       depth 1
    [fujitsu]       lines 6600
    [fujitsu]       pixels_per_line 5104
    [fujitsu]       bytes_per_line 638
    [fujitsu] sane_get_parameters: finish
    [fujitsu] sane_read: start
    [fujitsu] read_from_scanner: start
    [fujitsu] read_from_scanner: ERROR side:0 want:4203144
room:528/65536 doing:0 done:7656
    [fujitsu] sane_read: finish
    [fujitsu] sane_close: start
    [fujitsu] do_cancel: start
    [fujitsu] do_cancel: finish

The complete logs can be found here:

    http://www.McQuil.com/saned_debug.txt
    http://www.McQuil.com/saned_debug_B.txt   (scanimage with the -B option)

The above test was with a SCSI connection (Adaptec 2906). But, I get
very similar results when using USB.

This is a test machine that I loaded Ubuntu dapper on last night,
WITHOUT any sane packages.

I then grabbed the latest from cvs (May 31, 2006 10:30pm EDT), and
built/installed it.

This only seems to be a problem when using saned, which I *really* need.

Any pointers on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org