[sane-devel] Snanner MD 3545 hang up with sane-1.0.17-0.pm.0.i586.rpm

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Mon Jun 5 10:38:02 UTC 2006

Le Dimanche 4 Juin 2006 18:51, Klaus Kübler a écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> I have installed the sane back end "sane-1.0.17-0.pm.0.i586.rpm" on my SUSE
> LINUX 10.0 system (Kernel  Linux 2.6.13-15-default) using YAST2. I have got
> a incomplete error message from YAST2 when tying to install my "MEDION MD
> 3545" USB scanner,  nevertheless I can find the scanner within the sane KDE
> menu.
>
> I can start the preview scan and will get the expected preview image
> exactly one time. Each additional scan (preview ore final) will fail. The
> resulting image is all the times the same, it seems that the first pixel
> row will be repeated over all rows of the whole image. The scanner mechanic
> itself will work well all the time.
>
> The scanner will respond with this constant image up to a power down and up
> cycle of the scanner! Rebooting the computer will have no impact to this
> behaviour.
>
> Did you have any idea how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Klaus

	Hello,

	I don't know what scanning program you are using, but there is a bug in SANE
1.0.17 where the first scan of a second frontend session (ie a previous was
finished) would hang and fail.It is fixed in CVS by now. So I think it is
worth testing with this version.

	By using LD_PRELOAD, you can force your favorite frontend to use
a "hand-compiled" version without installing systerm-wide.

Regards,
	Stef