[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend update (saned,M3091/92,testers)

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Wed Jun 7 03:01:34 UTC 2006

There have been several updates to the new fujitsu backend in sane cvs
this past week. major changes include a simple buffering system that
allows saned and scanimage -T to work, and the missing modes (color,
duplex) of the M3091 and M3092 scanners have been enabled. The buffering
code still needs just a bit more work, as it uses too much ram, but that
wont affect most users.

please test the backend if you have one of these scanners or use saned, or
if you are still using an older ( <= 1.0.17 ) sane version. this cvs
version will become sane 1.0.18 soon with only very minor changes, so if
your scanner does not work, now is the time to find out. i have still
not heard from users of many models, especially medium or large scanners.
there has to be someone out there with an M4099 or fi-5530...

thanks for all the great feedback i have gotten so far. the backend has
really improved due to your bug reports, suggestions and patches.

allan