[sane-devel] CanoScan LiDE20 / Plustek on OpenBSD

Craig sane-lists at slashboot.org
Sun Jun 18 15:40:35 UTC 2006

Hi.

I've been trying without success for a while now, to get this USB
scanner working on OpenBSD 3.9 and previously 3.8, using
sane-backends-1.0.17 and previously 1.0.16

sane-find-scanner reports:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d [CanoScan],
chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:/dev/usb1:/dev/ugen0

But scanimage -L swears that it is not there.

I've disabled the 'uscanner*' device in my kernel, to ensure that libusb
is able to catch the scanner and I have all prerequisite depends in
place. I notice some other people have had these same problems and
nobody has made any progress with the matter so far.

Any pointers, advice or suggestions? Let me know if you need any more
information and I'll gladly provide it.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance that might be forthcoming.

--
Best regards,

Craig

http://slashboot.org/