[sane-devel] [patch] epkowa.desc

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Jun 20 02:23:33 UTC 2006

Russbucket <russbucket at nwi.net> writes:

> On Monday 19 June 2006 18:29, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> As I noticed an incorrect USB ID in epson.desc, I also attached a
>> patch for that.  The ID mentioned is the one for the GT-6600 (aka
>> Perfection 610).  Note that the Stylus CX6600 is also reported to
>> have an ID of 0x0813 somewhere in the list archive.  I didn't add
>> this because epson_usb.c does not list it either.
>
> Does this mean the new version of Iscan will not work with a CX6600. I run the
> CX6600 with Iscan 1.18.0. I had to change the device ID to 0x0813 as that s
> what comes from the printer/scanner with the lsusb -v command
> 	Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04b8:0813 Seiko Epson Corp.
> and with sane-find-scanner
> 	found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0813 [USB2.0
> 	MFP(Hi-Speed)]) at libusb:004:002
>  The scanner work fine with Iscan, Kooka and xsane.

The epkowa backend (part of iscan) recognises *both* product IDs as of
iscan-2.0.0.  As a matter of fact, I think it was your messages that
prompted that change ;-)

> I'm on SUSE 10.0.
>
> Should I upgrade to the new Iscan??

If your current iscan (and other SANE frontends) work fine now, there
is no real need to upgrade.  The only thing I can think of that could
make it worth your while is the new udev support but I believe that
SUSE 10.0 has that part already covered with their sane package for
your device.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, SE1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/