[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 4370

JKD jkdsoft at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 16:48:20 UTC 2006

El Sun, 25 de Jun de 2006, a las 07:21:26AM -0700, Dean Loros dijo:
> Just bought a HP Scanjet 4370 (didn't check to see support :-( ).
> Running the current Sane front & backends--Have installed hp3900-sane
> from Sourceforge. Problem is that the only scan I get is totally
> black--I've worked with all the options. I get a note as I close Xsane
> that "Failed to create file: Permission denied".  Any Ideas/suggestions??

hp3900 backend isn't ready to work with your scanner yet. Currently it
supports hp scanjet 3970 and hp scanjet 4070 scanners. You can help
sending usb transaction logs made with a sniffer like USBSnoop.

I wrote a post about requesting help at this location:

https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1474554&forum_id=503228

The real problem is that your scanner uses a different model of the same
chipset and I don't have such scanner.

Sincerely,

 Jonathan