[sane-devel] Printer Pipe Broken

Thomas H. George lists at tomgeorge.info
Mon Jun 26 12:27:55 UTC 2006

My box is Debian Etch.  After the recent dist-upgrade xsane copy showed
only "new printer" and lpr for the command.  This works but I want to
print to a second printer attached to a Debian Sarge box on the LAN.

Both boxes use CUPS and from a console I can print to my printer with
the command lp -d hp foo and to the other printer with lp -d br foo.  If
I use  xsane/setup/copy to add printers  using the commands lp -d hp (or
simply lp as hp is the default printer) and lp -d br copy fails with a
broken pipe message.   I need to use the Brothers laser printer (lp -d
br) for large black and white print jobs.  How can I fix this?

Tom George