[sane-devel] dell1600n_netscan backend - data conversion

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 22:47:03 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am working on a backend for network scanning using a Dell 1600n.  I
have the network scanning part in place and now just have to figure out
how to convert the image data to a suitable format to pass through the
Sane API.

The scan data is received as JPEG (colour) or CCITT Fax Group 4
(monochrome).

For the former I guess I can use sanei_jpeg.h.  For the latter the only
solution I have found so far would be to add some TIFF headers to the data
and then use the ImageMagick library to decode the FAX data.  This seems
like quite a big dependency to add to the SANE build (not to mention
overkill for what I need).

Can anyone think of a simpler solution?

Thanks,
Jon