[sane-devel] Canon MP450 and TWAIN

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Thu Mar 23 10:07:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 18:56, Jose Juan Iglesias wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Regarding the Canon MP450, I've just red its .INF file. This file describes
> the family of the scanner as: "TWAIN Scanners".

TWAIN is only a software side API used on OS' like Windows and Mac OS
to access the scanner driver from applications.

It has in no way something todo how to programm the scanner
hardware as it. You need to look what chips your scanner does
utilize and search for either specs or ask the manufactor how to
program it - last resort is anlyzing logs or disassembling an other
OS' driver.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org