[sane-devel] LiDE 500F: how to go further?

Ralph Sontag sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon May 8 13:29:14 UTC 2006

Hi Pierre and list,

first I want to thank for the help and the information.

I put my data on
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/

> Please try the attached patch. It may already get scanimage past
> initialization. If not, please also send a debug log without win98
> initialisation.

OK, first time after patching the scanner makes terrible noise ... :-)
It clatters very much ...
A scan does'nt start.

After replug the scanner croons, bot does nothing.

I make some new logs, but where ends the win98-initalisation? See below ...

> If you want to, i can send you some perl scripts and instructions on how
> to use them. I don't understand all details of the protocol, so there
> are some "unknown"s.

I found some scripts under
http://john.daltons.info/lide60/

If you have some scripts for the LIDE500F, they are welcome.
But the scripts from John Dalton produce also some usefull information.

I've put the raw files and the analysis with these scripts to
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~sontag/sane/
(actual the last for lines:
usblog-xp/00index.html	analysed files from XP	500 k	8. 5. 2006
usbsnoopxp.bz2	raw file from XP	770 k	8. 5. 2006
usblog-w98/00index.html	analysed files from W98	450 k	8. 5. 2006
usbsnoopw98.bz2	raw file from W98	2.1 M	8. 5. 2006
)

How can I see, where the nessesary information starts? Then I can cut
the parts before ...

Thanks and Greetings!
	Ralph.
--
Ralph Sontag | Str. der Nationen 62/B204 | 09107 Chemnitz         |   MIME   |
e-mail: sontag at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de | Tel. +49 371 531 31384 | welcome! |