[sane-devel] Timetable for the release of sane-backends 1.0.18

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue May 23 18:06:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-05-21 21:36, Jon Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2006, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >As already discussed some weeks before, it's time for a new release of
> >sane-backends.
> >[...]
> >- dell1600n_net: Backend code is in CVS, Makefile/configure changes
> > and documentation yet to come.
>
> Although I added dell1600n_net.c to CVS I was not planning to commit any
> changes that would make it part of the official build until these
> outstanding tasks were done:
>
> - Makefile/configure changes (I'm looking at this now)
> - Support for multipage scans.
> - Desc file/man page
>
> Time is somewhat limited right now so I'm very unlikely to make it before
> the code freeze but I will try to get at least the desc file in by then.

I'd like to get it into the default build for several reasons:

- We find out quite quickly if it breaks compilation somewhere
- The backend gets much more testing
- We don't get questions on how to build it
- We don't have to think if it's now an internal or external backend...

So if you can't finish the Makefile/configure changes, I'll try to do
that before feature freeze.