[sane-devel] Problems with Epson V700 on Slackware 11

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Fri Nov 3 15:47:36 CET 2006

I'm trying to get an Epson V700 scanner working on Slackware 11.

I am running 2.6.18.1 kernel compiled myself which I need to support
the JMicron IDE on my motherboard, I also have a couple of custom
modules.

Slackware 11 comes with Sane version 1.0.18, "scanimage -V" reports:-
    scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.18; backend version 1.0.205

Running "sane-find-scanner" finds the scanner OK:-
    found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x012c [EPSON
    Scanner]) at libusb:7:2

However "scanimage -L" resolutely refuses to see any scanners at all.

I have added the following line to /etc/scan.d/epson.conf:-
    usb 0x4b8 0x12c
and I've commented out everything else in there.  Is this actually
necessary?

Strangely enough xscan does think I've got a scanner, it reports
correctly that I have an HP 7310 All-in-one and, incorrectly, that I
have an Epson GT900 (or something like that).

I'm pretty sure I have permissions set up OK, all of the above have
been run as an ordinary user rather than root but I have also tried as
root and results are the same.

--
Chris Green (chris at halon.org.uk)