[sane-devel] ScanJet 5300c

Endicott Lovell theangryamoeba at aim.com
Fri Oct 20 23:14:45 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I recently started using Linux, and have been trying to get my scanner
to work for quite some time. I have an HP ScanJet 5300c. I am running
sane 1.0.18 and sane-frontends 1.0.14.

The sane website says that this scanner is fully supported. I have been
able to find it with sane-find-scanner. It lists as:

"found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x0701) at libusb:001:006"

However, when i try running scanimage it says i don't have any devices.
I enabled the scanner in the avision backend. ( i uncommented the line
"usb 0x03f0 0x0701")

It hasn't worked after this either. I've tried it under both Fedora Core
5 and ArchLinux 7.2.1

Any insight would be very appreciated.

Cheers
Endicott Lovell