[sane-devel] Scanner artec 48U

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 06:55:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, m. allan noah wrote:
> this is a mailing list for using scanners under linux/unix/OSX. if you are
> looking for windows drivers, this is not the place.

Well, actually this is not entirely true insofar as most SANE
drivers should work fine on Windows when compiled against cygwin.

However I agree that probably the simplest route for getting a scanner
working under Windows would be to search the website of the manufacturer
and look for the manufacturer's driver to download.  If the manufacturer's
site is down then a google search on "artec scanner driver download"
turned up planty of hits (I didn't try them!).

cheers,
Jon