[sane-devel] Scanner artec 48U

cr cr at orcon.net.nz
Wed Sep 27 18:50:10 UTC 2006

Hi Dave

Iexplorer?   Does that mean you're running Windows?   If so, I'm afraid  this
is the wrong list, because this is a list for users of Sane, which is a
scanner program that (so far as I know) runs on Linux/Unix, MacOS X, even
OS/2, but not Windows.   Sane is an application supplied with most Linux
distributions and just needs the little 8k file I mentioned from the Artec
CD.

To run the scanner under Windows you may need much more than that, you
probably do need the Artec CD  (unless Windows XP has a general-purpose
scanner driver already built in, it may do, I just don't know).

I'm sorry I can't be more informative, I haven't run Windows since W98.    All
I can suggest is Googling for "Artec 48u under XP"  (or whatever your version
of Windows is).

(You're right, btw, about the file being hard to download, it seems to depend
on browser settings or which browser you're using.   I'll try and fix that,
but I'm afraid it won't be the answer to your problem).

Regards

cr