[sane-devel] Re: SANEd and DNS-SD

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sun Feb 11 16:49:09 CET 2007

Jochen Eisinger <jochen at penguin-breeder.org> wrote:

Hi,

>> The info I've collected so far:
>>   Short name of protocol: sane-port
>>   Long description: SANE Control Port
>>   Name and Email of Responsible Party: Jochen Eisinger
>> <jochen at penguin-breeder.org <mailto:jochen at penguin-breeder.org>> <- ???
>> Is this okay?
>>   URL of Protocol Description: http://www.sane-project.org/html/doc015.html
>>   Primary transport protocol: _tcp
>>   TXT Record service keys: None
>>
>> Would you care to register it, or can you point me to a more appropriate
>> person?

This looks good, we just need to decide on who should be the contact
person for this.

Also, maybe we'd like to have a TXT record indicating the protocol
version. This could come in handy once SANE 2 will be a reality, along
with a new network protocol.

Future extensions could include SSL/TLS support, which could be
another TXT record we could add later on.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169