[sane-devel] UNSUPPORTED error on sane_open?????

dtlinker at comcast.net dtlinker at comcast.net
Fri Feb 16 20:21:52 CET 2007

I am writing a GUI for SANE for Mac OS X.

I perform a sane_init, and get reasonable results back. I pass NULL as the authorization pointer.

I perform sane_get_devices, and am able to traverse the results and find test:0 and test:1 and all the associated information.

When I try sane_open, using either of the devices I found above, I get SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED as the result, and the handle is NULL.

What does this mean, and how do I fix it???

I looked at the source for the test devices and scan_open, and there is no situation where they return SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED, so how do I get it, and what do I do to fix it?

Thanks