[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 4600

Gerald Murray gmurray at cloudnet.com
Mon Feb 19 05:31:14 CET 2007

Quoting Dionysos <dionyx at gmail.com>:

> I've got a HP Scanjet 4600 connected to my Ubuntu. I saw that it was not
> support by SANE. I would  know if any persons could write the driver for ?
> I can help a bit for technical aspects.
>
> Thanks
Hi,
I contacted one of a number of developers who were working on getting
this implemented.  He told me that all who started were no longer
interested, and the development effort was effectively ceased.

If you choose to continue, scan logs would be start.  Documentation on
the controller chip would be very helpful.

Good luck to you.

Best regards,
Gerald