[sane-devel] SANE2, time for a decision

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Jan 8 20:28:04 CET 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 20:04, Martin Owens wrote:
> Toy might want to look at Enlightened Absolutism; because democracy
> doesn't work for software development. to inefficient.

full ack.

[SNIPSNAP]

I also think we should setup a more or less small
group of developers who are willing to help Oliver
to finish the sane2 standard. We might should setup
a list of stuff that should also go into this new
standard - this list should be more or less a whishlist,
which means that some points may find their way into
the standard, some not.
Let's keep this list open for lets say 4 weeks.
During this time the team around Oliver should
be found and they could start with their work.

I'd like to see different people with different
focus within that team...

The resulting standard then should be opened for
some kind of discussion - but this time on the
SANE-Standard list.

Regarding SANE1, I think there's enough room for
extensions currently...

Apart from all of these standard discussions, our major
problem is and probably will remain, that none of the
scanner manufacturers supports us/SANE actively.

My two cents
Gerhard

BTW: Oliver, I'm also willing to help you out.