[sane-devel] [announce] tiffscan

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Mon Jan 15 21:02:11 CET 2007

 Hello,

   I'm finishing to write a new command line frontend, tiffscan.

 It aims to be a simple frontend to SANE with batch
 scan capabilities.

  Its only output format is TIFF, in both single page
 and multi page mode. It will correctly fill most TIFF
 tags and supports lossless compression modes.

  It will also support RGBI (RGB+infrared) capable
 backends (none at the moment, but I'm hacking coolscan2)
 so that you can easily batch scan slides and then use
 some other postprocessing tool (like VueScan) to
 refine them.

  If someone is interested in betatesting, pease drop me a note.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy