[sane-devel] Bang the rocks together!

David Morse dcmorse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:57:32 UTC 2007

sane-find-scanner reports "found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON],
product=0x0103 [Perfection610  ]) at libusb:002:003".  However,
scanimage --list-devices doesn't find the scanner.

This is a supported Epson Perfection 610.  It worked find with a 2.4
kernel, but when upgrading to etch's 2.6.18 kernel (udev), something
got fritzed.  Obviously, I'm having trouble finding a scanner HOWTO
that deals with udev.

My question is: how do I translate the sane-find-scanner output into
something I can use to get scanimage working?  Something along the
lines of:
  scanimage -d "epson:/dev/scanner"
?