[sane-devel] md5 Buffer Error

Hugh McMaster dasjournal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:27:00 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to compile Sane-Backends-CVS under Cygwin, and the
process is just about complete - I hope.

This is the only issue that I have encountered during the compile
process so far.  It appears when scanimage.o is invoked.  The only
backends I am compiling are 'net', and 'lide70'.  The problem also
occurs when only the 'net' backend is selected in the makefile.

[...]
gcc -o .libs/scanimage scanimage.o stiff.o  ../lib/liblib.a
../backend/.libs/lib sane.dll.a -ldl -lusb -lpthread
/usr/lib/libtiff.dll.a /usr/lib/libjpeg.dll.a -lz
/usr/local/lib/libieee1284.a -L/usr/local/lib
scanimage.o: In function `auth_callback':
/home/User/sane-backends/frontend/scanimage.c:291: undefined reference
to `_md5_buffer'
Info: resolving _opterr by linking to __imp__opterr (auto-import)
Info: resolving _optarg by linking to __imp__optarg (auto-import)
Info: resolving _optind by linking to __imp__optind (auto-import)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [scanimage] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/User/sane-backends/frontend'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Can anyone suggest anything to fix this error?

Hugh