[sane-devel] saned.c - path to saned.conf

Lucas van Staden lvanstaden at lizearle.com
Mon Jun 25 08:51:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

The past weekend I installed/added sane to the linux thinstation
available packages.

Everything went very well, except for saned (starting from xinetd) not
allowing clients to access.

Some checking (starting saned manually with -d128) showed that saned
could not find saned.conf, which did exist in /etc/sane.d/

If I started saned -d128 in the /etc/sane.d/ folder, it worked 100%.

Checking the code in saned.c I found :

#define SANED_CONFIG_FILE "saned.conf"

and changed it to

#define SANED_CONFIG_FILE "/etc/sane.d/saned.conf"

this change made it work properly, as it can now find the conf file.

Any better fix for this ? Maybe I am missing a configure setting ?

I used ./configure --prefix=/ --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/bin --libdir=/lib

to configure for the compile.

Regards
Lucas