[sane-devel] Scanner 'reset scan head' utilities (plustek, Canon Lide20)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Tue Jun 26 14:32:24 UTC 2007

On Montag, 25. Juni 2007, Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
> > My everyday flatbed scanner ((vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x220d
> > [CanoScan], chip=LM9832/3) at libusb:002:002) got out of sorts today.
> > The scan head wasn't returned to the home position (it is now), but
> > XSane scans now just return solid black data.
>
> I see that it's a known problem, since I have (recently) enabled
> CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND to try powertop, and this is using the plustek backend.

Hi,

which kernel did you use? I've currently checked that on a SuSE10,
kernel 2.6.13 and turned on CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND - no problems so far.

I tried to put the LiDE20 into suspend - no problems. Next thing
I need to check is my laptop, running a SuSE10.2 - kernel2.6.18

It's quite strange - from reviewing the code there's only one
point which could cause the mentioned problems - but not on
a Lide :(

- Gerhard