[sane-devel] Flatbed scanner that can scan to the edge?

Daniel Glöckner daniel-gl at gmx.net
Fri Mar 2 14:03:15 CET 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 02:01:30PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> BTW, when doing test scans I also found out that the scanned area is not
> evenly lit.  This adds to the disappointment with the scanner.  Perhaps
> I'm expecting too much from a 100 EUR scanner.

Another thing to watch out for is that some scanners shear the picture a
little bit. I think this is caused by pulling the head on one side only.
So even if the scanner is able to scan to the edge, it may not scan the
edge as perfect horizontal and vertical lines. But an affine transformation
should be able to fix this.

  Daniel