[sane-devel] lexmark X1150

Stéphane VOLTZ stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Mar 21 22:04:21 CET 2007

Le dimanche 18 mars 2007, Fred Odendaal a écrit :
> Probably a permissions thing. I experienced a similar thing when
> upgrading to FC6. If you can see your scanner as root then for sure that
> is what the problem is. The workaround is to add a group called
> "scanner" and add the group to the users who want to scan. Then you can
> scan as a regular user.
>
> Note, the lexmark backend is incomplete. It lacks colour calibration and
> darkness compensation (amongst other things :-) ). There is a fellow
> named Stephan Voltz, who has created an experimental backend and he is
> trying to add these things.
>
> regards,
> Fred O.
>
> Mark Fonnemann wrote:
> > Hello-

	Hello,

	you can get a source archive patched with an experimental version of the
lexmark backend at http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/lexmark . It should be able
to detect your scanner and do 75 dpi color scans.

	BTW, Fred, if it happens you have the time needed to record the usbsnoop
windows log of a preview right after plug-in your scanner. I'd be very
grateful if you send me this log. The X1185/X1190 have the same usb id than
your model but work slightly differently. I have to find how to differentiate
them from your model.

Regards,
	Stef