[sane-devel] Formulardaten

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 22:41:57 UTC 2007

On 5/25/07, Sean MacA <smaca at talktalk.net> wrote:
> Re: Formulardaten program  Thu May 24 16:42:32 UTC 2007
>
> I assume that the above has been posted in response to my post-[sane-devel]
> Installation of "Sane-pie backend" to drive Black Widow (Devcom) 9636 PRO
> SCSI scanner

you know what happens when you assume :)

you are on a mailing list. mails come to the mailing list from many
sources, including automatons like the Formulardaten program, which is
a web-form to email gateway. It has absolutely nothing to do with your
prior post.

Sane is a driver suite for use on various unix-like systems. There is
some code to build Sane on windows, but it is not as well tested, and
would require more windows expertise than most of us have, and would
probably require a compiler and quite a bit more experience on your
end.

If you are really intent on using this device, your best bet might
actually be to install linux, where the scanner will probably "just
work" out of the box. :)

allan