[sane-devel] Epson CX7400 support

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Nov 6 00:06:02 UTC 2007

Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if support for Epson CX7400 could be added.

This model will be supported by the upcoming 2.10.0 release of iscan.

> I saw a bunch of close model numbers are supported, so it's probably
> not too hard (I just don't know how to do it)

That does not always mean much.

> I tried following instructions on
> http://linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_DX7400
> (specified the deviceid in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf and added a udev
> rule - though, I used a copy of similar entry from
> /etc/udev/rules.d/60-libsane.rules file instead of the line quoted on
> the page above)
>
> So far, "scanimage -L" identifies the device properly and xsane sees
> it - but cannot scan anything; I get some kind of I/O error.

The epson backend seems to have trouble with a number of all-in-one
devices, AFAIK.  I have taken a look at it in the past, comparing to
the epkowa backend (part of iscan), but couldn't quite put my finger
on it.
FWIW, you can use the epkowa backend just fine with scanimage and
xsane.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen             FLOSS Engineer -- EPSON AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/