[sane-devel] Epson CX7400 support

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:15:13 UTC 2007

Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> This model will be supported by the upcoming 2.10.0 release of iscan.

Neat! Is there a schedule that would tell me approximately when 2.10.0
will be released?

> The epson backend seems to have trouble with a number of all-in-one
> devices, AFAIK.  I have taken a look at it in the past, comparing to
> the epkowa backend (part of iscan), but couldn't quite put my finger
> on it.
> FWIW, you can use the epkowa backend just fine with scanimage and
> xsane.

Is there a tutorial/howto or something to that effect, which would tell
me how to do this?
I don't see an option in scanimage parameters where I can specify a
backend. Do I need to change the sane config file, instead?

Thanks,
Konstantin