[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory - Umax Astra 600S

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Fri Nov 16 08:32:26 UTC 2007

fre 2007-11-16 klockan 08:08 +0100 skrev Mattias Ellert:
> tor 2007-11-15 klockan 19:16 -0500 skrev m. allan noah:
> > On 11/15/07, Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se> wrote:
> > >
> > > Looking at the umax backend, I think the problem is line 7993 in
> > > umax.c that says:
> > >
> > >    if (scanner->reader_pid < 0)
> > >
> > > This line should be
> > >
> > >    if (scanner->reader_pid = -1)
> > >

> > i assume you mean '=='?
> >
> > allan
>
> Yes, of course - and that is also what I used when I compiled the
> packages.
>
> I have received feedback from two different persons that this new test
> package solved their problem, so I guess this is the right fix ;-)
>
> 	Mattias

I have fixed this in CVS for several backend...

2007-11-16  Mattias Ellert <mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se>

   * backend/artec_eplus48u.c, backend/coolscan.c, backend/mustek.c,
     backend/pie.c, backend/plustek.c, backend/plustek_pp.c,
     backend/snapscan.c, backend/test.c, backend/u12.c, backend/umax.c:
     Correct the test of the return value from sanei_thread_begin.

	Mattias