[sane-devel] Canoscan 1220U vertical stripes

Guillermo Espertino gespertino at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 15:06:19 UTC 2007

> No worries, libsane contains the backends. You might need adjust the
> installation paths. Check where i.e. libsane-plustek* is installed.

I have them duplicated.
The files are both in /usr/lib/sane and in /usr/local/lib/sane
Is that bad?
In that case, How do I adjust the path? (sorry the noob question)
> When you use the latest backends, please check for the option
> "skipDarkStrip" in the plustek.conf file and set it to 1, then
> recalibrate the scanner again. This should help.
plustek.conf is duplicated too. I found the skipDarkStrip option in one
of them and I changed it to 1, but now I'm not sure if I'm using the
latest backends or the previous. How do I tell?
I tried to scan an image but It still shows stripes, so I think I'm
still using the old backends.
It must be the wrong path, but I don't know how to adjust it.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Guillermo.