[sane-devel] Canoscan 1220U vertical stripes

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Nov 19 15:14:18 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 19. November 2007 16:06:19 schrieb Guillermo Espertino:
> > No worries, libsane contains the backends. You might need adjust the
> > installation paths. Check where i.e. libsane-plustek* is installed.
>
> I have them duplicated.
> The files are both in /usr/lib/sane and in /usr/local/lib/sane
> Is that bad?

Yeap - you double your trouble ;)

> In that case, How do I adjust the path? (sorry the noob question)

you need to configure that correctly before building the libs.
First cleanup everything in the sane-backends directory:

make distclean

then continue with the configure step:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-lockdir=/var/lock/sane

then

make all
make install

that should override the existing stuff.

> > When you use the latest backends, please check for the option
> > "skipDarkStrip" in the plustek.conf file and set it to 1, then
> > recalibrate the scanner again. This should help.
>
> plustek.conf is duplicated too. I found the skipDarkStrip option in one
> of them and I changed it to 1, but now I'm not sure if I'm using the
> latest backends or the previous. How do I tell?

That's okay, but when the wrong (means old) backend is used, the option
has no effect, at least the file, where you've changed, will not be used.

> I tried to scan an image but It still shows stripes, so I think I'm
> still using the old backends.

Yes. Adjust the installation paths, see above.

HTH
Gerhard