[sane-devel] I compressed the file

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 26 06:59:50 UTC 2007

Hi all,

from a first look the log is similar to other Benq Scanners, so I
guess there's a good chance to make it work with the Snapscan
backend. I don't have my documentation and sources here at work but
if time permit's I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

You may be able to do some hacking before that - mainly, add
"FlatbedScanner53" to the list of known IDs in snapscan.h, find out
which firmware file it uses (if any). It may be necessary to add
another ID to snapscan.h if the scanner changes the ID after firmware
upload.

You can find some information on the snapscan backend on http://
snapscan.sf.net

Regards,

Oliver

On 25.10.2007, at 23:38, matei kolt wrote:

> Damn good idea, where the hell were I thinking at?
> So, the new link:
> http://www.matei.upcnet.ro/scanner.zip
> Ok, I must admit it's th first time I'm working with
> mailing lists..

!  Oliver Schwartz   Tel.: +41 / (0)44 / 461 06 29 (fest)  !
!  Döltschiweg 3           +41 / (0)76 / 566 29 72 (mobil) !
!  CH-8055 Zürich    E-Mail: Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de        !