[sane-devel] In progress: TRUST Imagery 9600SP (TECO_VM6552)

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:14:52 UTC 2008

On 4/3/08, Ralph D. Ungermann <linux at mloge-ungermann.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Ralph D. Ungermann wrote:
>  >>
>  >>  I'm about to adapt the teco3 backend to the VM6552.
>  >>
>  >>  My question: Is there still any public interest in backends for
>  >>  such old scanners?
>

> m. allan noah wrote:
>  > though there may not be much interest, we will accept patches if you
>  > get it working and it compiles cleanly. we might even make you
>  > maintainer of the code if you are not careful :)
>

> My scanner now runs fine! But unfortunately, it turned out to be not a
>  patch, but a major rewrite (with 30% less lines). I presume, that my
>  backend also solves major issues for the other supported scanners,
>  chiefly with color scans and responsiveness (to cancel). But I have no
>  way to test it for other teco models, and I don't want to fool millions
>  of happy teco3 users.
>
>  If there is anybody else out there using backend teco1, teco2, or teco3,
>  I'm willing to unify and maintain that driver. But now I sit idle, until
>  somebody googles and finds this email...

why dont you go ahead and combine those drivers into a new teco
backend, if it is easy enough. we can ship two backends that support
the same scanners, and we can even disable teco1-3 in the dll.conf
file. having currently active maintainers is worth the trouble.

if you are looking for something else to do, there are plenty of other
unsupported machines around :)

allan