[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 6300C head moving back/forth during scan >200dpi

Michael Ole Olsen gnu at gmx.net
Mon Apr 14 16:07:48 UTC 2008

I found that I can scan at maximum of 160dpi at Slow scan speed.

If there was a possible way to change scan speed to slower than slow,
i.e. set some integer value for scanspeed, im
sure it would make the scanner stop moving the head back and forth while
scanning.

if i set it to high scan speed it moves forth and back very often, and
not so often at slow speed - tested with 200dpi

is it possible to set scan speed with some argument to sane backend or
such with hp libusb driver?