[sane-devel] Calling a script after USB scanner is plugged

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Mon Apr 28 20:17:12 UTC 2008

Rainer Dorsch <rdorsch at web.de> wrote:

Hi,

>> Chances are the coldplugging happens from the initrd and your script
>> isn't available in the initrd. So check that.
>
> How would I check if coldplugging happens from the initrd?

Well anyway it should be redone once the root FS is mounted and the
/dev/tmpfs is mounted, so it's not an issue.

> And would that explain that /etc/init.d/udev restart no effect?

Nope, that should always work, provided the effect of the udev restart
hasn't changed while I wasn't looking :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169